The membrane bioreactor is used for the biological purification of waste water from organic matters, nitrogen, phosphorus, bacteria and viruses.
TECHNOLOGICAL PROCESS SCHEME
TECHNOLOGICAL PROCESS DESCRIPTION
Membrane bioreactor technology gives an opportunity to combine biological purification methods and membrane separation. For biological purification, the membrane bioreactor uses an aerotank combined with a membrane module. Membranes are a 100% barrier not only for suspended matters but also for active sludge microorganisms. This configuration of biological purification gives an opportunity to dispense with the utilization of secondary settlers and filters and also to achieve high active sludge concentrations (up to 25 mg/l and higher).
Waste water after going through screens for purification from large suspended matters can be supplied directly to the aerotank, where biochemical reactions flow.
Free-flow membrane modules are immersed directly into aerotanks or adjoining tanks. Water goes through membranes under influence of a light vacuum. All suspended and colloidal particles (including active sludge microorganisms) are held.
When membranes are blocked, they are washed by filtrate backflash. Special pumps are provided for this. To prevent the blocking of membranes, it is necessary to perform intensive aeration of membrane modules. Air bubbles prevent adhesion of suspended particles to membranes, providing high-efficiency biological purification and clarification in one stage.
Should you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact our experts.
- Technology gives the opportunity to raise active sludge in bioreactor due to membrane modules followed by increasing the oxidizing capacity of constructions as a whole
- As far as membrane pores have a smaller size than sizes of the microorganism cells, in particular bacteria, water is partially decontaminated in the membrane bioreactor
- The flock size of active sludge in the membrane bioreactor is 5-10 times less than in widely spread constructions of aerotanks. Such dispersity of active sludge leads to extension of microorganism contact space with waste water, improving sorption efficiency by active sludge of inert matters, heavy metals and microcontaminants
- Increased oxidizing capacity gives the opportunity to reduce waste water stay period in construction, which leads to a reduction of the area occupied by construction by 2-4 times in comparison with the aerotank-secondary settler system
- The operation process of membrane bioreactor can be automated almost in full